Welcome to the Hudson Lab Wiki
This wiki contains useful links for those in AMO physics with a cold molecule jones. anyone can edit so be kind. Feel free to post anything from a supplier to how-to articles. Best, Eric
Attention companies: Please stop adding/editing links to your company! (Although your use of superlative is pretty funny.) It's obvious when you do: there is a history/IP address for every edit.
4 articles since (Month) (Year)
- How to Align Polarization Maintaining Fibers
- Align double-pass acousto-optics from D.J. McCarren, Durham University
Molecular, material constants
- DiRef - recent references on molecular spectroscopy, searchable by atom
- NIST Chemistry Webbook - gives Herzberg constants of diatomic molecules
- RADEN - Database of diatomic molecule energies
- webelements.com - clickable periodic table
- AIP vapor pressure - vapor pressure vs T
- NIST Ceramics Division
- MatWeb- Materials properties, densities, hardness etc.
- Steck Alkali Data -Extensive Data on some Alkali Atoms
- O-ring size chart
- PDF 24 - Free software for creating PDFs
- Alibre Design Xpress - 3D CAD package (and it works very well)
- Molecule Programs - Robery Le Roy's suite of sweet software for molecule spectroscopy (pot'ls, FC, etc.)
- Luxpop- Optics calculation applets backed by lots of material data
- - How monochromators really work
Ablation targets, pressing, materials
- Semiconductor Wafer - semiconductor materials (link added by company)
- American Elements -- pretty much the whole periodic table
- Sophisticated alloys
- Sputtering target suppliers
- Alfa aesar
- Process Materials
- Sputtering Materials Inc
- Refrac systems - Diffusion bonding, hot-pressing
- Cercom Ceramics
- Copper Gaskets - Copper Gaskets, Blank Vacuum Flanges, Vented screws etc...
- Copper and brass sales - THE copper and brass supplier
- MSC - When McMaster just won't do
- RAM mounts - Mounts for scopes and other instruments.
- S&W Coil - Magnet coils/wire
- Small Tube Products custom tubing, water-cooled magnet wire.
- Fiber Optic Feedthroughs, Accu-Glass Products, Inc. - Large selection of fiber optic feedthroughs on industry standard flanges.
- New Focus
- Alpine Research Optics
- Casix - dirt cheap, long lead times?
- conoptics - Isolators
- Edmund optics
- Optosigma - windows
- Research Electro Optics - High end optics
- Advanced Thin Films - custom jobs
- EO tech - Isolators
- PI action - CCD cameras
- Semrock - Filters + MaxMirror
- Intor - cheap interference filters
- Uniblitz - shutters
- Andover - colored glass filters
- Omega - stock + custom interference filters
- Coherent - Tell them you want the 'Family Discount' & Get 20% Off all laser measurement products. For problems contact service manager: email@example.com (408) 764-4426
- OFR - fiber optics and isolators
- Technical Glass- Talk to Jack Watson and tell him Sarah sent you.
- Rubicon - Sapphire
- NEOS - AOMs
- Intraaction - AOMs
- Brimrose - AOMs, custom
- St. Gobain Crystals - custom crystalline optics
- Standa - mostly optomechanics
- Expla - laser systems, OPOs, some components
- Optometrics - diffraction gratings
- Argyle Optics - custom stuff might be cheap but standard optics are also custom made = expensive
- Vere Optics lab accessories
- Esco Products-unusually fast and inexpensive for custom optics jobs, proven reliable. Also good selection of stock optics
- Eagleyard - AR coated laser diodes
- Roither Lasertechnik - Laser diodes, LEDs
- Toptica - Lasers, AR Coated Diodes
- Intelite - Non-AR Coated Diodes, Sacher gets some of their diodes here before AR Coating
- Photonic Products - Laser diodes, will frequency-select on certain products.
- Sierra IC Inc
- Mouser Electronics
- Analog Devices
- Apex Microtechnologies - High Voltage/Power Op-Amps
- Lansing Instruments - Really Nice Enclosures
- Emco High Voltage - DC-DC Converters
- Allied Electronics
- L-Com - Cheap connectors/adaptors
- Powell Electronics - Hard to find/out of stock stuff
- Meritronics - Board Assembly
- Stratamet - will do small custom jobs. Talk to Mark Wesson. Tell him Sarah sent you.
- CoorsTek ceramic tubes etc.
- Kyocera - expensive
- Marketech - will do almost anything, but take ~1 week to send quotes
- Progressive Technology - ceramic tubes etc.
- LSP Ceramics - has many stock sizes of tubes and washers (even top hat washers).
- Vacuum Feedthroughs, Accu-GlassElectrical Vacuum Feedthroughs and components of all types.
- AVS Technical Resources - Useful calculator for conversion factors, pump/gauge ranges
- LDS Vacuum Shopper - fast + cheap
- Duniway stockroom Cheap, good selection of used vacuum equipment
- Kimball physics - special (cool) chambers
- Kurt J. Lesker
- Sharon - custom chambers
- Key High
- vacuum generators Best quality UHV all-metal valves.
- Insulator Seal - Feedthroughs
- Apiezon Greases and Waxes
- A & N Corp - Feedthroughs, flanges etc.
- frontier vacuum - Looks like good selection, pictures, seems pretty cheap...
- Accu-Glass Products, Inc. - Unusually nice selection of feedthroughs, in-vacuum electrical connectors, hardware, etc. Prices better than Lesker.
- MPF Products - Similar to Accu-Glass Products, Inc. for electrical feedthroughs, but also has nice selection of viewports
- EVAC Vacuum - Unique! Standard QF/ISO hardware, but made out of glass(!), aluminum, etc.
- Lakeshore Cryotronics - Cryotonics, funny name.
- Oxford Instruments
- Cryomech - Pulse Tubes PLEASE, JUST ONE!!! Thank you sir, may I have another?
- Calgon Carbon - Coconuts
- ESPI Metals - Will trade indium for money.
mm-wave Microwave Components
- Quinstar - Large selection of waveguide and coax, ask for Sage Kuno
- Miteq - Largest supplier (and stock) but more expensive
- ESPI - expensive, but has everything
- Rembar- Good for Tantalum, Tungsten etc
- Hagstoz - Gold and precious metals, usually cheap
- Refining Systems - Gold and precious metals
- Hauser and Miller - Even cheaper gold and precious metals-Customer # 760971 (Yale)
- AIMCAL - Assoc. of Metallizers, Coaters & Laminators FAQ
- Spectrum coatings>
- Helia Photonics - Ion-assisted deposition
- Ionedge - IAD
- Thin Films Inc. - Sputtering, Evaporation, Lithography - flexible small shop
- Thin Film Labs - specialize in optical component coatings
- Koral Labs - thin film deposition + vacuum furnace stuff
- IJ Research - ceramics, deposition, lithography - flexible, associated with USCB, IIRC
- Paramount Metal Finishing - Rack Electroplating - reasonable prices
- AMZ Manufacturing - High quality electroplating
- Metal Finishing Technologies - Various plating services
- Epner Technology - Fancy gold electroplating - expensive, high-tech
- II-VI Infrared - good CO2 optics; possibly worst url ever
- Corning NetOptix - used to be OFC Diamond Turning
- Kugler - German precision optics company, ja.
- Kaleido Technology - in Denmark...
Heavy Duty Actuators and Motion Control
- Newmark Systems
- Arrick Robotics
- Parker Hannfin Motion Control
- Cyber Research Motion Control
- Techno Linear Motion Systems
- IntelLiDrives linear actuators, rotary tables, XY tables
- EAR Specialty Composites ==> Jan's smelly Blue Stuff = #6309-0026
To write a new article, just enter the article title in the box below.
- Not sure where to start?
- Find out more about the wiki on the About page.
- If you are new to wikis, check out the tutorial, and see Help:Contents.
- Check out Help:Starting this wiki if you're setting up the wiki.
- Adding content
- Every wiki has two list of articles that need help called "Stubs" and "Wanted Articles". Don't be shy, get in there.
- Uploading images is another really easy way to help out - see the Special:Upload page!
- You can find a list of useful templates on Category:Templates, some of which are documented on the templates project page.
- Talk and more...